District Union continues its expansion at Croisée Urbaine in Terrebonne with REZ-Yimby, an innovative intergenerational real estate development21 February 2020
Selection Group and Fonds immobilier de solidarité FTQ open District Union sales office
Terrebonne, February 21, 2020 – Selection Group, in partnership with Fonds immobilier de solidarité FTQ, is proud to introduce REZ-Yimby, the second real estate project in the District Union development at the Croisée Urbaine in Terrebonne. The 162-unit, 17-floor complex is scheduled to open in the fall of 2020.
The innovative District Union project meets the needs of modern families in part by serving several generations on the same site. The deployment is designed to encourage intergenerational exchanges. fridöm District Union, the first project in the plan, which enables an active clientele to live well and enjoy their freedom, was inaugurated last September.
Details were announced at the opening of a sales office for District Union, which was attended by several partners. The site will enable visitors to get a better overview of the two initial phases of the real estate project and will facilitate renting or buying a unit.
Selection Group and its partner, the Fonds immobilier de solidarité FTQ, also announced the acquisition of two additional lots that will facilitate future development at the site. The project, which will redefine neighborhood life, is now valued at more than a billion dollars.
The REZ and Yimby brands in brief:
REZ combines comfort and simplicity by meeting the eclectic needs imposed by the hectic pace of modern life. Primarily aimed at today’s young households and families, the concept is revolutionizing condo life by offering more spacious and functional units. REZ enables tenants to fully enjoy moments of relaxation and to practice favored activities with family, in couples or with friends.
Yimby is a real estate concept designed by and for millennials. This is a “turnkey” rental apartment complex was designed to meet the needs of a generation that dreams of living in simple, ergonomic, modern housing. Accommodations are compact and modular, which thus facilitates space optimization and the creation of smart living spaces.
The REZ-Yimby complex in brief:
- A high-quality, functional rental apartment project, aimed at meeting the needs of modern families and millennials
- Seventeen-floors, 162 units: 74 Yimby apartments and 88 REZ apartments
- A $50.7 million investment
- More than 200 parking spaces
- Includes a REZ lounge, with a kitchen and children’s area equipped with a climbing wall
- Yimby area includes a large community kitchen, playground and shared workspace
- Many common areas including an indoor pool, large terrace, training room, meeting room and reception area
About District Union:
- District Union is a housing concept that meets the new needs of modern families by serving several generations of customers on the same site.
- Development at District Union will be done in several phases, spread over fifteen years.
- Located on Montée des Pionniers in Terrebonne, in the Lachenaie sector, between Lucille-Teasdale boulevard and autoroute 640.
- Transit Oriented Development close to Terrebonne Station.
- Commercial and shopping areas are projected in each phase.
- Public facilities and equipment in the area include a primary school, gymnasium, multifunctional square, neighborhood police station and an aquatic center.
- Many shops are accessible nearby: including a grocery store, pharmacy, restaurants, cinema, big box stores and Hôpital Pierre Le Gardeur, which is located less than two minutes’ walk from the site.
- Active site, with large green spaces, sidewalks and urban amenities which is conducive to gatherings and major events.
“Selection Group’s goal is to create living environments that bring together generations and enable residents to flourish. The projects we develop, build and operate, focus on people. With the REZ-Yimby complex in District Union project, we want to provide families and young professionals with units that are adapted to their needs and a modern neighborhood life that promotes intergenerational exchanges. We are proud to inaugurate the District Union sales office and to continue to develop this ambitious project which will be a pillar of the City of Terrebonne’s Croisée Urbaine.”
– Philippe Olivier Bouclin, Vice-President, Real Estate Development, Selection Group
“The Fonds immobilier de solidarité FTQ is pleased to participate in this structuring and innovative project led by Selection Group. It is a natural evolution of our participation in the fridöm complex which is also located in the District Union. This major project enables us both to increase our presence on Montréal’s north shore and to contribute to the creation of hundreds of jobs.”
– Carole Handfield, Vice President, Investments, Fonds immobilier de solidarité FTQ
“I am delighted to see real estate projects such as District Union taking root in the Masson riding. Through its vision and his scale, it will be a key driver of economic growth and vitality in the Lachenaie sector of the City of Terrebonne. The project includes all the elements sought in modern real estate development, namely density, as well as units that are adapted to the needs of varied clienteles and located near public transport and local services.”
– Mathieu Lemay, Member of the National Assembly, Masson
“District Union is a pillar of the Croisée Urbaine development, which began several years ago. Through the jobs it creates and the new residents it brings, this major project demonstrates City of Terrebonne’s growth and the attractiveness of its market. We are delighted to be able to count on an intergenerational project like District Union, designed for people to live in from childhood to retirement. Led by solid partners like Selection Group and the Fonds immobilier de solidarité FTQ, this project has everything to demonstrate the advantages of living in a city where quality of life and happiness come together.”
– Marc-André Plante, Mayor of Terrebonne
About Selection Group
Selection Group is a Canadian leader in the creation and management of living environments where generations can come together and thrive. Amidst more than 30 years of unprecedented growth, Selection Group has become the largest private retirement complex developer in the country. Selection Group innovates through an avant-garde intergenerational vision and unique vertically integrated structure. These assets are the pillars of its geographic expansion and the diversification of its real estate products which target young people, families and retirees. Selection Group currently has more than 50 residential complexes in operation, under construction and in development in Canada and the United States and the value of its assets exceeds $4 billion. Selection Group, whose head office is in Laval, Quebec, employs more than 5,000 people who work every day for the well-being of some 15,000 customers whose exceptional satisfaction rate reaches 95%.
About Fonds immobilier de solidarité FTQ
The Fonds immobilier de solidarité FTQ was created in 1991 and contributes to Québec’s economic development by participating financially and strategically in economically viable and socially responsible real estate projects that also create jobs. The Fonds supports the start-up of residential, office, commercial, institutional and industrial sector projects in all regions of Québec. At the end of 2019 it had 56 projects in development worth $3.6 billion, 74 buildings under management, 1.3 million square feet of land and had invested $90 million in social, community or affordable housing projects. The Fonds is a member of the Canada Green Building Council- Québec.
Mylène Dupéré, Vice-President, Public Affairs and Corporate Communications
Tel.: (450) 902-2000 ext. 2405, Cell: 514-833-7880
Josée Lagacé, Director, Communications and Marketing
Fonds immobilier de solidarité FTQ
Tel.: 514 847-5710/ Cell.: 514 707-5180